Big Dinosaurs, Big Championships, Big Dogs and Big Beards (2010)
11 days of BIG events at the Oregon State Fair, Aug. 27-Sept. 6
What do fast dogs, dinosaurs, timber sports, and ZZ Top all have in common? They are all at the 2010 Oregon State Fair.
- STIHL® TIMBERSPORTS® Series Championships–The Series’ quarterfinals, semifinals, U.S. Championship and Collegiate Championship take place Aug. 27-29. STIHL Dogs & Logs World Championships–Labor Day weekend will see the top Big Air® Dogs, the top Extreme Vertical® teams and the top 18 Speed Retrieve™ teams from all over the world compete. Learn more about the original extreme sport.
- Days of the Dinosaur–This eye-popping exposition features more than 30 life-sized dinosaur robots, skeleton replicas and an interactive children’s area with a fossil dig. Tickets: $5/adults, $3/kids (11 & under). Learn more about dinosaur discovery land.
- Amazing Performances from legends ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynyrd to country music star Dierks Bentley, to the Michael Jackson Laser & Dance Spectacular! Big Shows
- Oregon’s BIG Wine Celebration! Featuring more than 200 top Oregon wines, the 2010 Celebration Oregon! is one of the state’s biggest wine tasting events. Patrons can also sample hors d’ oeuvres from 15 Oregon chefs. August 27, from 6-9 p.m. Celebration Oregon
- BIG Sports Fun for Fair-Goers: The popular Sports & Recreation area has expanded to include even more fun activities to try out, including a new dirt track featuring ATV Safety Rides, Go-Cart Rides, Car/Motorcycle Racing and a Demolition Derby. Also new is Catch & Release Fishing and Let’s Go Camping. See all the events
- Blues, Brew, & BBQ: This annual favorite brings together more than 40 professional BBQ teams, six Oregon microbreweries and great blues music the first three evenings of the Oregon State Fair. Enjoy samples, check out great Oregon microbrews and listen to Oregon blues with the likes of Bill Roades and the Party Kings, Lisa Mann, Sonny Hess, Curtis Salgado and Ty Curtis. Aug. 26-28, 5-10:30 p.m., Spirit of Oregon stage. Other shows & concerts
- Natural Resources: Stop by to see an Oregon State Parks yurt, and displays by the Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife, Oregon Department of Forestry and Keep Oregon Green. Be on the lookout for J.R. Beaver and Smokey Bear.