State park crews focus on winter housekeeping (2011)
Catching up on repair and maintenance chores
Winter work ranges from fixing leaky restroom faucets to replacing entire restrooms and upgrading electrical service.
- The campground at Alfred A. Loeb along the Chetco River east of Brookings closes Jan. 24-March 4 while workers repair the park’s water tank. The campground is usually open year-round.
- Another year-round campground at Devil’s Lake in Lincoln City is closed until May 1 while a construction firm finishes two new restrooms.
- When Humbug Mountain south of Port Orford reopens April 1, the campground will have a new RV dump station, a new restroom/shower building and 50 amp electrical service. The day-use area and trails are open.
- A major improvement is under way at Farewell Bend in eastern Oregon. Electrical work in the campground’s B loop will upgrade 20 amp service to 50 amp. The A loop remains open in winter.
- Workers are adding a new restroom/shower building in the A loop at Silver Falls.
Significant repairs and new facilities are funded by our share of the Oregon Lottery, approved by Oregon voters in 1998 and 2010.
For the latest park and campground news, visit the Advisories web page. Current information is also available from the State Parks Information Center, 1-800-551-6949.