Oregon’s NEWEST state park opens Sept. 20 (2011)
Camp & hike at Bates State Park
Labor Day Weekend usually is the last big summer camping hurrah, but Sept. 20 a primitive campground opens in the Blue Mountains you don’t want to miss. Camping isn’t the only draw–you can explore more than three miles of hiking trails or cycle along the proposed Old West Bikeway, under consideration for one of Oregon’s newest designated scenic bikeways.
Bates State Park sites are great for tents and self-contained RVs. The park also has a hiker/biker campground.
- First-come, first-serve park open seasonally (May 15-Oct. 31 depending on weather and snow depth). This is a campground so the sites are open and shade is sparse.
- Main campground has 28 primitive campsites; 3 sites are ADA accessible.
- Hiker/Biker campground has 6 sites. An electric plug-in is available for recharging electronics.
- All sites include a fire ring and picnic table.
- Potable water and vault toilet in main campground.
- The day-use area includes a picnic shelter, potable water and vault toilet.
Call (541) 932-4453 or (800) 551-6949 for more information. See you Sept. 20!
Visit the Bates web page for camping rates.