Make camping plans — seasonal campgrounds are opening (2012)
Just like the daffodils, seasonal campgrounds are popping open. But we all know spring brings some weather surprises, and snow, high water or strong winds can cause delays. Check our Park Advisory web page for the most current information or call the State Parks Information Center, 1-800-551-6949. We’ll also send Twitter notices for openings and date changes.
Here’s what we know now. Click on the links for additional park information, reservations and driving directions.
- Clyde Holliday State Recreation Site
- Joseph Stewart State Recreation Area — B Loop opens, although campsite water is unavailable until the freezing threat passes. Water will be available at campsite B-9 and the dump station.
- Saddle Mountain State Natural Area
- Stub Stewart Memorial State Park — Dairy Creek East and Hares Canyon Horse Camp opens. Dairy Creek Camp West and Mountain Dale Cabin Village open year-round.
- Farewell Bend State Recreation Area — A and C Loops open first-come, first-served. B Loop open now first-come, first-served. B and C Loops are reservable May 1-Sept. 30. A Loop remains first-come, served.
- Unity Lake State Recreation Site — First-come, first-served, cabins are reservable.
- Collier Memorial State Park
- Catherine Creek State Park
- Emigrant Springs State Heritage Area — entire park opens; cabins and several campsites open now.
- Goose Lake State Recreation Area
- Hilgard Junction State Park
- Jackson Kimball State Recreation Site
- Lake Owyhee State Park (Indian Creek and McCormack campgrounds) — First-come, first-served camping. Half of the electric sites in each campground and the tepees open to reservations May 1-Sept. 30. Tent sites are non-reservable.
- Red Bridge State Wayside
- Ukiah-Dale Forest State Scenic Corridor
- Bates State Park
- Cascadia State Park
- Fall Creek State Recreation Site (Cascara and Fisherman’s Point Group Camp)
- North Santiam State Recreation Area
- Silver Falls State Park (campgrounds, horse camps, group camps. Electric sites and cabins open now.)
- The Cove Palisades State Park — Deschutes Campground only. The Crooked River Campground remains closed for campground improvements; opening later.