Let’s Go Camping — mastering tent basics (2014)
Yes, your family will practice guiding poles through a tent, but Let’s Go Camping offers so much more. You’ll learn from the pros and meet some great people around
We provide the sleeping bags and tents for your weekend outing. Park rangers and volunteers will teach you how to build a safe campfire, offer tips on maintaining your gear and introduce you to Dutch oven cooking.
This summer 12 state parks are hosting Let’s Go Camping sessions (see list below). Registration is $30 per family. Decide on a park and then call or e-mail Reservations Northwest, (888) 953-7677 to register, or to ask for more information.
- June 27-29: The Cove Palisades (Central Oregon-Madras/Culver area)
- July 4-6: Wallowa Lake (Northeast Oregon-Enterprise/Joseph area)
- July 11-13: Prineville Reservoir (Central Oregon-Prineville area)
- July 11-13: Silver Falls (Cascade foothills-Silverton area)
- July 18-20: Fort Stevens (North Coast-Warrenton area)
- July 25-27: Cascadia (Cascade foothills-Sweet Home area)
- Aug. 1-3: Cape Lookout (North Coast-Tillamook area)
- Aug. 8-10 : Tumalo (Central Oregon-Bend area)
- Aug. 8-10: Champoeg (Willamette Valley-Canby area)
- Aug. 15-17: South Beach (Central Coast-Newport area)
- Aug. 22-24: Milo McIver (Portland/Estacada area)
- Aug. 22-24: Jesse Honeyman (Central Coast-Florence area)